Finished Edward Elric Automail

I am so much happier with my new automail that I made.  It’s so much shinier and sturdieer than the old one (even though it’s made out of the same materials: crafts foam and hot glue) that was falling apart after all the wear and tear it went through.  I learned from my mistakes of making the last one so I could make an even better one.  First thing I did was make a mold of my hand so I could make my own pattern.  Last time I ended up using a pre-made one online that I had to size to my hand (which didn’t go so well).  So this time I made up my own and it fit soooo much better.  I also prepared my craft foam with layers of mod podge so the spray paint wouldn’t destroy the foam, this is what gives it its super shiny silver color.  Using spray painted googly eyes also allowed me to get the small screw details in as well.  I tried to have as little black of the glove, that everything is attached to, showing.

Front view under coat sleeve:


Hidden blade pulled out under coat sleeve:


Underside of hand:


Front without sleeve:


Front without sleeve and hidden blade pulled out:



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s